Flat Roof Installation Lynn | ID Flat Roof MA
Flat roofing Lynn MA has long ceased to be the choice of only administrative buildings and multi-unit condominiums. Today, this type of roof is also chosen by many owners of private houses because a flat roof fits perfectly into modern architectural styles.
Besides, this type of roof has other advantages:
- It is quite easy to install and allows you to choose among different types of materials.
- A flat roof allows you to use the roof space for arranging balconies or terraces.
- Such a roof is very resistant to wind load and bad weather.
Of course, even the highest-quality flat roof will require roof repair in Lynn, MA over time, but even the repair and restoration of such a roof is much easier than for other types of roof arrangements.
When you want your flat roof to serve you for a long time, you should carefully consider the choice of material for its coverage, and be sure to use the services of experienced roofers. Non-professional installation of a flat roof is fraught with errors, which in the end can lead to rapid wear of roofing materials, leaks and depressurization of the roof. So, DIY roofing installation is dangerous both for the integrity of the structure of the house itself and for the health of its inhabitants.
In ID Flat Roof, we offer only the highest-quality services for roofing in Lynn, MA. So, you can be sure that our work will bring your home coziness and comfort.
Roofing in Lynn, MA: What Type of Material to Choose?
The first step towards a high-quality and reliable roof is the choice of materials. Today, on the market for roofing materials suitable for flat roofing, there are the following options available:
- Weldable materials. This class includes bitumen, polymer, and bitumen-polymer roofing materials, for the installation of which the lower layer is heated. Under the action of a high temperature of 180-200 degrees, it becomes viscous and sticky, due to which it sticks to the base of the roof. The disadvantage of this laying method is that it is not suitable for laying pavements on combustible substrates.
- Self-adhesive. During the production process, an adhesive layer is applied to self-adhesive materials, protected by a special film. To install such a coating, you just need to remove the protective film and press it firmly against the prepared base. Self-adhesive materials are suitable for small roofs, as well as for repairing leaks and cracks, as they are more expensive than welded ones. The advantage of this laying method is that it does not require heating.
- Bulk material. The pourable materials for flat roofs solve the main problem of built-up, self-adhesive coatings – poorly insulated seams between the strips and the resulting leaks. “Liquid rubber” or “liquid roofing material” is a coating based on synthetic rubbers or elastomers used for roof waterproofing. They are applied to the base with a wide brush or roller. The advantage of this method of creating flat roofs is that the coating does not need to be preheated.
At the same time, it is also worth considering the price because some types of roofing materials may turn out to be unnecessarily expensive. According to this criterion, the best type of roofing for a flat roof is PVC membrane. It can be installed both with the help of fastening with special fasteners and using a self-adhesive base. The membrane is additionally treated with hot air to seal the seams and fit better to the base. At ID Flat Roof, this is the material of choice because it covers any area of the roof quickly and reliably, it can be used for custom roof shapes, and is non-flammable, non-toxic, waterproof, and inexpensive.
What to Consider When Choosing a Contractor for Flat Roof Installation
There are several roofing companies in Lynn, MA and the choice can be difficult when you want your flat roof to be installed or repaired properly. What to consider when hiring roofing contractors for Lynn, MA households?
- Pay attention to what materials and technologies the contractors use. For a flat roof, it is mandatory to install a waterproofing layer and use non-combustible materials.
- Choose not the most expensive roofing contractors, but not the cheapest ones either. Most often, the latter use low-quality materials or do not have enough experience in installation.
- Read reviews. Today, customer reviews are a powerful tool. It is the reviews of those who have already used the services of a roofing company that will help you accurately form an opinion about its competence.
- Look at examples of roofers’ work. A self-respecting contractor always has a portfolio and is ready to provide it to clients.
To make your choice easier, just rate ID Flat Roof against all these criteria. You will find that our specialists are the best in the area for the quality and speed of installation and repair of flat roofs.
What to Consider When Planning Flat Roof Installation or Renovation
When you have already chosen a contractor, it is also important to consider several things at once. First of all, invite experts to assess the condition of the roof, measure its area and take into account the features.
Also, check what materials the professionals you hire use. If the roof has features, find out what solutions the company offers for problems. And, of course, it is worth clarifying how quickly the specialists will complete the work, what guarantees they give for its performance, and what are the conditions for interaction with the contractor in case of unforeseen situations.
Why Is ID Flat Roof the Best Contractor in Lynn, MA
The easiest way to make sure that ID Flat Roof will perform flawlessly on your home’s installation and roof repairs is to take a look at completed projects in your area. We invite you to take a closer look at how ID Flat Roof repaired a flat roof in an old private home with roof slope problems towards the center.
Even though this was a relatively big two-family house with the roof being about 1200 sq. feet it only had one 3 inch drain in the middle of it – that was just the way houses were built back in the days.
The roof was originally tar & gravel and naturally, after installing couple more new layers, it lost its slope towards the middle of the roof where the drain is. That, of course, caused water to the pond making the situation even worse and resulting in multiple leaks.
A roofing contractor who was called for repair charged $3500 and installed another patch right where water was ponding – naturally, the story repeated itself in no time. So, when we met the owner he was very frustrated and angry about the whole story – costly repairs were done but with no improvements.
We decided to strip the top two layers, recreate the original slope, and install a 50 mill PVC membrane over ½ inch fan-fold insulation.
After the strip was done we discovered that because the water was getting under the roof for a long time there were multiple places where the roof deck was completely rotten and deteriorated, we even found a termite colony at one place (wood and moisture, talk about the better combination for termites!).
Another problem was the drain itself: after multiple repair attempts, it had some build-up around it making it not the lowest point of the roof.
After all rot damage was repaired and the frame was rebuild we proceeded with installing membrane. 6-inch wide pressure treated wood nailer was installed around all edges. Then we installed ½ inch thick insulation and started rolling out membrane.
Two old vents were removed and replaced with vents; both chimneys were wrapped around about two feet high and terminated with masonry anchors and a termination bar.
After all, seams were hot-air welded together – forming one continuous piece of membrane – it was a time to replace the drain. We cut the old piece out and installed a new 3 inch drain with a rubber gasket to prevent possible back-flow and an aluminum dome over it to prevent it from clogging with leaves and other debris.
Two old vents were removed and replaced with vents; both chimneys were wrapped around about two feet high and terminated with masonry anchors and a termination bar. After all, seams were hot-air welded together – forming one continuous piece of membrane – it was a time to replace the drain. We cut the old piece out and installed a new 3 inch drain with a rubber gasket to prevent possible back-flow and an aluminum dome over it to prevent it from clogging with leaves and other debris. As a result – nice watertight roof, no ponding water and one happy customer.
There is the best option for a flat roof installation and repair available in Lynn, MA. It is the services of skilled technicians provided by ID Flat Roof. When you need your roof to be reliable and intact, we’ll cope with the task easily.