Advantages and Benefits of Metal Roof | MassachusettsReading Time: 2 minutes
Metal roofs (metal shingles and standing seam panels) are a premium product on the roofing market. Even though it is more expensive than regular asphalt or fiberglass shingle, it is a more logical and least costly choice over time.
Metal roofs have many advantages over traditional roofing materials. Let’s explore them in more detail.
1. Metal roofing materials are much stronger than traditional ones, so they won’t crack, break, peel, or even get blown off with gusty winds.
2. They are much less sensitive to the elements, cold weather, UV, hail, and other nature’s surprises. They are more fire-resistant, meaning that the metal roof will last you longer. Most manufacturers even give you 50 years limited lifetime warranty on their products!
3. Most metal roofing products are very light – as opposed to the regular (mainly architectural style) asphalt shingles, they weigh only about one-third, thus less pressure on the roof’s structural components.
4. Another critical aspect is appearance. Metal shingles usually come in three main styles – wood, slate, and tile – all look great. The color choice for metal shingles and standing seam panels is also vast. All trim can be custom-made from the color-matching coils to give your roof a complete look.
5. Efficiency – they can keep your house cooler during the summertime, which results in lower electrical bills.
6. Metal roof is the perfect answer to the ice dam formation – you will never get ice dams on a metal roof, even if they have a low pitch, because the surface is pretty smooth and snow slides down the roof instead of piling up. In general, metal roofs are pretty low maintenance.
7. Advantages of metal roofs – certain benefits for the homeowner financially – for example, some insurance companies have lower rates for houses with metal roofs. It also increases the resale value of the home.
8. Metal shingles and standing seam panels are environmentally friendly choices. Not just that, but because they are not oil derivatives like asphalt shingles, their price is not dependable on the oil price. It consists of recyclable materials, which is a big deal our days.
Advantages of metal roofs – Massachusetts
So with all these points in mind, you can see how paying a little more extra money upfront can save you more money and help avoid potential problems in the long run.
Denis is the driving force behind ID Flat Roof, a leading company in Boston specializing in flat roof repair and installation for over 20 years.
Denis excels in PVC, TPO, EPDM, and rubber roofing. His meticulous approach ensures quality and customer satisfaction.
Denis incorporates cutting-edge solutions like skylights and solar PV roofing.