PVC Roof Membrane: Modern Solution for Flat and Low-Slope Roofs in Wayland
PVC Roof Membrane is one of the best flat roof materials ever invented by mankind. In simple terms, a PVC membrane is a durable, sealed single-layer synthetic material in white or another color that is suitable for most types of roofs.
If your house needs a roof that never leaks, that doesn’t need to be maintained or repaired more often than one time per season, that looks great – PVC membrane is your choice.
To add, these membranes are suitable for garages, verandas, patios and other outbuildings. This material is also energy-efficient and eco-friendly. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
PVC Roof Membrane: modern alternative to old solutions
Technological progress never stops. It means that manufacturers are releasing new materials that outperform their outdated counterparts. The roofing industry is no exception.
For example, rubber or asphalt roofs were popular in our State last century (they are still popular today, and almost 80% of flat roofs are covered with these materials). These materials are not bad, but they have an alternative – PVC membrane roof.
Best rubber roof alternative – PVC membrane can be installed not only on flat roofs but also as an asphalt shingles alternative on low-pitched regular roofs.
You may see PVC roofs on commercial buildings mainly, but it is becoming more and more popular with residential property owners. The demand for PVC membranes among them is growing by 5-10% every year. Whether you’re building a new home or going to renovate an old roof, take a look at PVC membranes.
Our roofers at ID Flat Roof have been working with PVC membranes for over 12 years and know everything about this material. Let us explain why this material is one of the best available on the US market.
PVC Roof Membrane: well-known advantages
- PVC membrane roofing provides almost 100% leakage protection. Since leaks are the main ‘enemy’ of any flat roofs, PVC will save you a lot of nerves and a lot of money on repairing leaks after another rainstorm. Modern membrane materials handle any bad weather and “sitting water” that collects on the roof surface perfectly.
- The maximum service life of PVC membranes is up to 25 years. Of course, the service life depends on a number of factors such as temperature changes, the load on the roof surface, sunlight and UV, wind, and so on. But if the roof was installed correctly, and the roofers used quality material – PVC membrane will last 25 years without requiring repair easily.
- Despite the fact that the installation of a PVC membrane requires certain investments (especially taking into account the installation of insulation), a new roof becomes a good investment at a distance. Some types of PVC membranes reflect sunlight, and you save on cooling in the summer. In addition, such a roof does not require every-month maintenance and repair, which also saves the family budget.
- Modern PVC roofing materials comply with all environmental standards. They are chemically inert materials that retain elasticity and strength for many years.
To sum up, PVC membrane is a great solution that is almost free of maintenance, has a lifetime warranty, and provides anti-leak protection once and forever when installed professionally. That is why PVR roofing installation is a keystone of a project.
Do this materials have any disadvantages?
Like any other roofing material, PVC membranes have their disadvantages. We do not hide any ‘nuances’ so that you can see a full picture and find out if this option is right for your roof, budget and demands.
- PVC membranes are not the cheapest material. And the smaller the roof area, the higher the price per square foot.
- PVC membranes should be installed only by qualified specialists, since the service life and ability of the roof to protect the house from leaks directly depends on the quality of installation work, the tightness of soldered seams, especially at the corners of the roof and parts with pipes, skylights, chimneys (appropriate flashing for PVC roofing is needed).
- PVC membranes should be installed on a specially prepared base. Therefore, it is almost always necessary to dismantle old materials before installing new material. Especially if the old roof was bitumen or rubber – they are incompatible with PVC.
Check the advantages and disadvantages of PVC roofing and decide if it is right for your house. If you have any questions, please contact our specialists and they will help you make the right choice.
Private House PVC Roof in Wayland MA: ID Flat Roof team in action
ID Flat Roof is a certified PVC roofs installer. This time the task was to install a new roof on a private home with a low pitched roof type with regular shingles on it. In addition, on the surface of the roof were located:
- 2 skylights
- 1 chimney
- Multiple pipes
First of all, our roofers removed the old shingles. The roof deck was then inspected and repaired. The next step was to install ISO insulation (1″ Poly ISO insulation) and PVC covering material (80-mil dark bronze PVC membrane).
In addition, roofers carried out additional PVC roof installation tasks:
- Installation of 3″ PVC coated drip edge
- Installation of Factory-made accessories – inside and outside corners, pipe flashing, roof vents
- All seams and accessories are fused together using hot air welders to form a single piece of membrane throughout the entire roof.
- Installation of Color matching PVC chimney flashing with custom made aluminum counter-flashing
As you can see in the photos, when the project was completed, the roof of the house became modern-looking, neat, completely sealed from leaks and ice dams. Such a roof is a decoration of any house.
One of the best options for residential houses – PVC roofing
PVC Roof Membrane is a material that is becoming more popular every year, replacing asphalt shingles and old-school rubber roofs.
This material has a lot of advantages, and roofing companies offer a wide range of membranes – including different colors and features like energy-saving options.
However, in order to experience all the advantages of this roofing material, it is necessary to contact roofing specialists who will design a new roof and do all the installation work with a quality guarantee.