PVC Membrane Installation on Shed Dormer Flat Roof Wellesley4 minutes
Getting your roof in shape is a must for each homeowner. And this starts with selecting the proper roofing. When you need durable and reliable flat roofing in Wellesley, MA, you can get it in ID Flat Roof. We offer all the benefits of PVC membrane roofing, among the top options for flat roofs today.
What Is a PVC Membrane and Why Choose It for Your Wellesley Roof?
PVC membrane is by far the most superior material for flat roof installation. Unlike rubber which relies on glue to hold the seams together, PVC membrane has strong seams. Properly welded seams will never come apart – this is why all PVC membrane installations have a lifetime warranty.
PVC (polyvinyl chloride) has been popular in roofing for almost 50 years. Its advantages are numerous, so this single-ply roofing material is still unsurpassed for use in commercial and residential properties.
The construction of a PVC roofing membrane consists of two layers of thin PVC with a layer of polyester placed between them as support. In its essence, a PVC membrane is a thin layer of a polymerized substance rolled in a reel. Its lightweight and ease of unrolling make it easy to install. Its thickness doesn’t decrease the membrane’s life span.
PVC fits flat and low-pitch roofs, including shed dormers. A shed dormer is the most common way to increase a home’s inner space without serious reconstruction and always has a flat or low-pitch roof.
What Benefits a PVC Membrane Roof Has
There are many reasons to choose that material for Boston roofing in Wellesley, MA. We highlighted some of these benefits.
- Cooling features. Its structure and color prevent the roof from heating and help to remain the inner premises cooled on hot days, making PVC roofing a good idea for residential flat roofs. Besides, you can paint any color you want.
- Durability. Flat roofs made of PVC have the longest life span among all the flat roofing options. PVC membrane roofing can last three decades with regular maintenance!
- Wind resistance. It’s exceptionally high for PVC membranes. With proper installation, PVC roofing can withstand even hurricanes of the III category.
- Fire resistance. PVC hardly ignites. That is a benefit you may appreciate in seasons of wildfires.
- Waterproof. PVC membranes rarely allow leaks.
- Ease of installation and maintenance. Due to its flexibility, a skilled Wellesley professional roof repair contractor like ID Flat Roof can install it quickly.
- Tolerance to fungi and mold. PVC is not affected by any bacteria or microorganisms.
- Eco-friendly. PVC’s nature makes it a good choice for those who care about the environment.
PVC Membrane Installation on a Flat Roof Wellesley, MA
For PVC membrane coating, following all the installation rules is vital if you care about the reliability of your roof and the likelihood of related problems. In particular, a properly carried out installation will reduce the load during extreme temperature changes, heavy rains, and strong winds.
Often, the installation of a PVC membrane on the roof is carried out in several stages:
- Insulation installation. The task of insulation is to reduce heat loss inside the home. ISO or EPS foam boards of various thicknesses are a popular choice.
- The contractors then choose one of the PVC membrane installation methods. It can be the fully-adhered method in which a unique adhesive substance attaches to the membrane. This method requires extra attention to the membrane’s insulation since mold and rot can damage the roof boards if condensation occurs under it. At the same time, it is the fastest and easiest installation method. The PVC membrane can also be installed using mechanical fasteners. It is the most reliable way of fastening, which increases the roofing’s wind resistance.
- After installation, the PVC membrane is sealed with hot air, making it seamless and increasing its service life.
You can look at how to install a PVC membrane roof, but it’s better not to risk DIY but to entrust the installation to a reliable Wellesley roofing company. We can lay PVC membranes on tops of any design complexity. Our company offers several advantages of PVC membrane installation services at once:
- High speed.
- Expert roofers.
- Affordable price.
We thoroughly choose the PVC membrane installation method and create a project based on several features like the building’s construction, type of roof and wall materials, permissible load, and others. As a result, you get your flat or low-pitch roofing that will last for decades and provide your home with impeccable protection from heat, cold, winds, rains, and all the weather fluctuations.
Below are the basic proposals for a flat roof project with PVC membrane and our work materials.
Wellesley Roofing Company – Project Description
- Shed dormer with a rolled asphalt roofing material.
- One chimney – color-matching PVC flashing, aluminum counter-flashing.
- Two pipes.
- Persisting problems with ice dams and ponding water.
- Polyiso-tapered insulation with 1/8″ per foot increase.
- 60-mil white PVC membrane.
- 3″ PVC-coated drip edge.
- PVC pipe flashing.
Get the best services from your dedicated Wellesley roofing company in MA!