Free Roof Estimate and Roof Calculator Online7 minutes
It is crucial to inspect any roof regularly, especially if you want it to be reliable and modern and serve you for at least 50 years. After all, replacing and repairing a roof, not to mention installing a new one, requires financial investments. Learn how to make a free roof repair estimate in this post.
Budget Planning is Your First Step
Budget planning is the first step of any construction project. Regardless of what you will do with your roof, install a new one, repair or replace an old covering, you need to determine the cost of the contract.
Both you and the roofing company you applied to will plan a proper budget, so you won’t risk finding yourself in a situation where only half of the work is completed, and you no longer have enough funds to complete the roof project.
Dozen individual factors form the cost of roofing works, and the prices of roofing companies, even in the same city, can vary greatly. Even after reading several articles online, it can be challenging to calculate the cost of roofing work on your own.
Why Should I Order Free Roof Estimate and Use an Online Calculator
The ID Flat Roof experts recommend going the other way, which will help you determine the cost of your roofing project accurately and quickly.
First, contact our specialists and request a free roof estimate. It’s simple and fast. It doesn’t take long to assemble all your wishes and the parameters of your roof to give you all the information about the budget.
You can also use our online calculator. By entering just a few criteria in the online form, you will get the estimated cost of replacing, installing, or repairing a roof almost instantly. The process will take no more than five minutes.
Online Roofing Calculator Guide
- Visit the online calculator page on the ID Flat Roof website,
- Fill out the online form,
- The service will give you the result in a few seconds,
- Contact the company’s experts for more information.
The online calculator is a free service you can use anytime. However, it can only determine the approximate cost. After inspecting the object and discussing your demands with you, a specialist will determine the exact cost of your roofing project.
How to Get Free Roof Repair Estimate
To find out the exact cost of replacing or repairing a roof, you can apply for free estimate roofing. It’s free, as well as an online calculator. Professional roofers will contact you to clarify all the details and individual wishes.
If necessary, roofers will visit you at a convenient time for you to check the condition of the roof, covering, frame, and engineering networks and develop a detailed free roofing estimate.
Free Estimate: Why Different Companies Give Different Quotes
The first reason why the cost for the same work differs more or less is the pricing policy of the roofing company. If you have already requested a free roofing estimate or used online calculators on different sites, you have already noticed this.
The second reason is the different roofing materials, equipment, and approaches. Some roofing companies still use old technology during roof installation or repair. Such work requires more effort and time and reflects on the final cost.
The third reason is that some roofing companies have a license to operate and insurance, and some still need one. You may find someone willing to fix your roof for less, but if an accident occurs during installation, it can be a significant problem.
Free Roof Calculator and Roofing Estimate: What Affects the Cost?
We recommend using an online calculator to understand what criteria the cost depends on and how it changes if you change these criteria.
Typically, two formats indicate the cost of work. The first format is the cost per square foot. The second is the cost of the entire project. Free estimates on a roof include the total cost, as a rule. Online calculators commonly show the price per square foot or the total cost.
1. The angle of the roof
Any roof’s slope helps water not to linger on the surface and go into the drain. The angle of inclination can be from nearly zero (1-5 degrees) to almost vertical (65 degrees or more)
If the roof’s slope is too high, any work on its surface becomes more difficult without special equipment. The cost of similar work will be less for flat roofs and roofs with a slight incline.
The angle of inclination is the ratio of the run and rise of the roof. Usually, this parameter looks like this – 2/12 or 19/12. Calculating the roof’s pitch, even if it seems flat, is tricky. In order not to be mistaken, contact professional roofers. Or specify the type of roof in the appropriate form of the online calculator.
2. The complexity of works and accessibility
Some surfaces have several slopes and planes. In addition, there may be adjunctions to walls, pipes, and other roofs on its surface – all this complicates the work.
If the roof is at a low height and roofers can climb comfortably onto its surface, this reduces the cost of work. And vice versa. If the roof surface is inconvenient to work on, it increases the complexity and the cost of the roofing company’s services.
Usually, this factor matters when drawing up a free roof estimate. The online calculator does not indicate this criterion since it is too complex to figure out online.
3. The materials
You will find dozens of different flat roof materials on the market. These are both time-tested options and innovative materials. The cost of roofing can vary from inexpensive to premium options. For example, asphalt shingles or modified bitumen are cheap ones. And copper, cedar wood shingles, or slate are expensive. In addition to inexpensive and premium options, dozens of solutions are “in the middle”.
The choice of one roofing material can increase the cost of repair and replacement of the roof several times or reduce the estimate. Please note that the roofing cost for commercial and residential buildings using the same roofing materials may differ.
4. The size
With the roof’s size, the time and costs of replacements, repairs, and installations increase. Roofers measure the size of square feet.
The area ofa medium-pitched roof of an average two-story residential building is about 1500-3000 square feet. A flat or low-slope roof of a building in the same area will be significantly smaller.
In addition, if you request a quote to repair or install a small area roof (for a porch, garage, porch, or terrace), the cost may also be higher. On the other hand, some roofing companies offer discounts for large volumes of work.
If you’re having trouble measuring your roof area, call ID Flat Roof and we’ll take all measurements to make free roof repair or replacement estimates.
Free Roof Calculator: Some Tips
- Use the calculator on the official websites of licensed roofing companies in your area. You will get the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Avoid overly complex calculators with dozens of parameters that only experts can define. Most likely, you will be unable to specify all the criteria correctly, and the result will be incorrect.
- The online calculator is the fastest way to find out the estimated cost of roofing work. Experts take time to draw up free roofing estimates, while a calculator will give you the result in a second.
- To find out the exact cost, leave a request for a free estimate. If necessary, our expert will visit you and make all the required measurements or roof inspections.
- Choose different parameters in the online calculator to understand how and why the cost changes.
- An online calculator is the first step to budgeting. Even if you plan to repair or replace the roof in the distant future, you can use the calculator now. We recommend cooperating with roofing companies while using it.
Free Roof Repair Estimate: What should the Document indicate?
Most roofing companies offer free estimates to their potential clients. Specialists are interested in you knowing the exact cost of work and materials before the repair or replacement of the roof and in your satisfaction with the result.
However, the cost and criteria indicated in the estimate may differ from company to company, even if we discuss the same project. In addition, some roofers do not include critical details in the document. How do you understand that a professional and reliable contractor sent the estimate to you?
- The estimate must contain all the necessary details. At the same time, it should be understandable to the client, who is most likely not a specialist in roofing services.
- The free quote contains information about the total cost and payment methods. You will know how much, when and in what payments you will pay for the services.
- The estimate must indicate the timing of the work. Even if roofers can solve your problem in a few hours, they should indicate this period.
- The estimate indicates the result of the work with a description of all necessary services.
- Finally, any free estimate indicates the guarantees the roofing company provides for materials and work.
If the proposed estimate seems incomprehensible to you, if it does not indicate the exact dates, cost, guarantees, or list of works – this is a reason to change the contractor.
Should I Use an Online Calculator or Ask for a Free Roof Repair Estimate?
We encourage you to take advantage of both. First, open the online calculator page to determine the approximate cost of a roofing project.
Compare the results with different parameters, areas, and materials, creating an excellent opportunity to set a budget and determine the market prices for the services needed.
We then recommend contacting the roofers, who will provide a roofing estimate. This document will indicate the exact time and cost. In addition, you can discuss the possibilities not listed in the standard online calculator, like the cost of replacing a chimney, repairing gutters, and installing skylights or premium roofing materials.
ID Flat Roof offers its potential and regular customers to use a convenient and understandable online calculator on the official website. Our roofers can also provide a free estimate for roof replacement or repair.
5 Reasons to Use an Online Calculator Right Now
- It’s free. Like a free roofing estimate, an online service is a free tool. You won’t spend a cent but will get the necessary information.
- The interface of the online calculator is easy to understand, even for those who have never repaired or installed roofs.
- After you use the online calculator, you can contact professional roofers for a free estimate.
- An online calculator will help you plan your budget.
- An online calculator is an opportunity to find prices on your area’s roofing services.
ID Flat Roof Online Calculator and Free Roof Repair Estimate
ID Flat Roof is a company that has been providing a full range of roofing services for over 15 years. We realize how important it is to correctly plan the budget for any project, from a minor urgent roof repair to an installation.
Therefore, we focused on developing a convenient and functional online calculator you can use right now.
If you have any questions or want a detailed estimate following all the standards, call our specialists or leave a request on the website. Both the calculator and the estimate are free and ready to use 24/7.
Denis is the driving force behind ID Flat Roof, a leading company in Boston specializing in flat roof repair and installation for over 20 years.
Denis excels in PVC, TPO, EPDM, and rubber roofing. His meticulous approach ensures quality and customer satisfaction.
Denis incorporates cutting-edge solutions like skylights and solar PV roofing.